Fidelity Junior ISA

Start saving for a child’s future by investing in a stocks and shares ISA on their behalf.

The award winning Fidelity Junior ISA is a simple way to invest the full £4,260 Junior ISA allowance this tax year and shelter any earnings from income and capital gains tax.

Open a Junior ISA

The value of investments can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. The value of tax savings and eligibility to invest in an ISA depend on personal circumstances. All tax rules may change in future. Withdrawals from a Junior ISA will not be possible until the child reaches age 18.

Junior ISA FAQs

What is a Junior stocks and shares ISA?

A Junior Stock and Shares ISA is a type of savings account that allows you to invest in a wide range of investments. It is a tax efficient way to save on behalf of a child.

How does a Junior ISA differ from a Child Trust Fund?

Child Trust Funds (CTFs) were available to children born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011, CTFs can no longer be opened but existing ones can still be contributed to. Junior ISAs replaced CTFs from 1 November 2011.

How many Junior ISAs can a child have?

A child can only hold one Cash and one Stocks and Shares Junior ISA.

The total contribution between both accounts must not exceed the annual allowance of £4,260.

Please note that a child cannot hold both a Junior ISA and Child Trust Fund (CTF).

How do I open a Fidelity Junior ISA?

To open a Fidelity Junior ISA on behalf of a child, you can apply through our straightforward online application.

Can you withdraw money from a Junior ISA early?

Withdrawal from a Junior ISA can only occur after the child reaches 18 years of age. If your child becomes terminally ill, you can request to access money in the Junior ISA by completing the HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) terminal illness early access form.

If your child passes away, the Junior ISA will be paid to whoever inherits their estate (usually a parent or legal guardian).

See more Junior ISA FAQs.

Why choose Fidelity

Need help deciding how to invest?

Find a ready-made solution

Use our PathFinder planning tool to select a ready-made, diversified fund based on your preferred risk level in just three steps.


Get expert guidance

Choose from a list of top-rated funds hand-picked by our investment experts.

Select 50

Build your own portfolio

Explore our full range of investment options to find, filter and select your own combination of investments.

Investment Finder

These guidance tools are not a personal recommendation in respect of a particular investment. If you need additional help, please speak to a financial adviser. You should regularly reassess the suitability of your investments to ensure they continue to meet your attitude to risk and investment goals.

Clear and simple pricing

Our pricing has no hidden charges or fees, so you know exactly what you pay for and when you pay it.

  • One flat-rate fee of £25 a year if you’ve got less than £7,500 invested – that’s only £2.08 a month
  • Or a standard service fee of 0.35%
  • Drops down to 0.2% if you’ve more than £250,000 invested
Children's savings awards 2017

Best Investment ISA

The Moneywise judges were looking for Junior ISA platforms that offered access to an attractive selection of investment funds, good value for money, and a website that is easy to use and offers the right level of support for novice investors.

This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.