Updating your operating system and browser
Your operating system is a software which acts as an interface between you and your computer. It helps you run various programs and applications like Outlook, MS Word or Excel. On the other hand, your web browser is a software that let you access the Internet and view web pages, for example - Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
They both need updating occasionally.
It is important you switch to an updated operating system as using an outdated one will put you at a greater risk for cyber threats such as viruses and malware. As for browsers - the more up to date they are, the better your internet experience.
Recently Microsoft announced its plans to end support for its once most popular operating system Windows 7, and some browsers such as Internet Explorer 8 are being discontinued. So make sure you are using the latest version of the operating system and web browsers.
We do not support the following operating system
We do not support the following browser versions
If you are using one of these you will need to update it.
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox versions 47-59
- Firefox version 61-64
You will need to visit the browser provider’s homepage and download the latest available version of the browser:
- Google Chrome - https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/
- Mozilla Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/
- Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads
- Microsoft Edge - (Windows 10 update)
- Safari - http://www.apple.com/macos/
* Important information: Fidelity International are not responsible for the content held on any third party websites such as those you will need to access in order to update your browser.