We are committed to protecting your personal data. This statement explains how we do that. It sets out what we do with your personal data, how we protect it, and explains your pertinent privacy rights. We collect and use your personal data to enable us to conduct our business with you and to comply with the law. The basis we rely upon for lawfully collecting and using your personal data will depend on the purposes for which we are processing your personal data. These are detailed below:
(a) Performing our contract with you
When we do business with you, we do so under the Client Terms. For us to meet our obligations to you under the Client Terms we must process your personal data. We will only process your personal data in line with the Client Terms. When you provide personal data to us, we will use that personal data so we can:
- provide our services to you in the provision, administration and servicing of your account
- enable the conduct of security operations, such as using your IP address to help identify you when you log on to your account online
- identifying you when you contact us
- send you information about our products and services where appropriate
We will only process that data for the purposes for which it was collected or to meet our legal obligations.
(b) Our legitimate interests
We process your information for the following reasons, which we define as our legitimate interests:
- developing new services and products
- internal research and analysis
- to help us to run our business; this includes financial management, risk management, planning, corporate governance, audit and research
- market research
(c) Our legal obligations
In some circumstances, we have a legal obligation to process and share your personal data. We must provide a wide range of data to regulators or other entities in order to prevent or detect crime. Sometimes this involves personal data. We will never transfer more personal data than is necessary to discharge our legal obligations.
(d) Your consent
We will ask you for your preferences in terms of how you would like us to communicate with you and what information you would like to receive from us. You can always adjust your communications preferences, and can opt not to receive information from us unless we are obliged to provide it.