Your 2018/19 ISA allowances
The best way to think of an ISA is as a tax ‘wrapper’. Each year, you’re entitled to a specific allowance or limit, which is protected by the ISA wrapper. This means you won’t be charged tax on the interest or capital gains you earn, offering greater growth potential on your investments.
Fidelity offers both an Investment ISA (Stocks and Shares ISA) and a Junior ISA (Stocks and Shares Junior ISA).
What is my ISA allowance for this tax year?
Stocks and Shares ISA
- For the 2018/19 tax year the ISA allowance is £20,000
- You can only invest in one Stocks and Shares ISA each tax year
- Choose from a wide range of funds, shares, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) or investment trusts
- If you don’t use all of your ISA allowance before the end of the tax year it is lost
- For the 2018/19 tax year the Junior ISA allowance is £4,260
- You can only have one Stocks and Shares Junior ISA at any one time
- Choose any combination of funds, shares, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) or investment trusts
- If you don’t use all of your child’s Junior ISA allowance before the end of the tax year it is lost
The value of investments can go down as well as up, so you may get back less than you invest. If you invest in an ISA there is no capital gains tax on growth and no income tax on interest. The value of tax savings and eligibility to invest in an ISA depend on personal circumstances. All tax rules may change in the future. If you redeem ISA holdings, you cannot reuse that ISA allowance. Withdrawals from a Junior ISA will not be possible until the child reaches age 18.
Double your money with our ISA prize draw
Invest a lump sum in an ISA online by 31 March 2019, and we’ll give you the chance to win back your initial investment - up to £20,000.
Win back the value of your ISA investment in cash- up to £20,000, (the “Prize Draw”).
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this offer is Financial Administration Services Limited, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ (“Fidelity”).
2. To be eligible to enter the prize draw you must be 18 years of age or older and a UK resident. Fidelity employees and its contracted staff are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry into the Prize Draw will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry will be automatic when you make a Qualifying Investment (see below).
4. If you do not wish to be entered into the prize draw, please call our contact centre on 0800 41 41 61 and request to be removed from the draw, after you have made a Qualifying Investment. The contact centre is available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am and 6pm on Saturday.
5. The prize draw period is from 18 January 2019 to 31 March 2019 the “Prize Draw Period”). Entries close 31 March at midnight (GMT). The Prize Draw amount will match the lump sum amount invested into a Fidelity 2018/19 ISA during the Prize Draw Period and the prize money will be paid in cash into your bank account.
6. Qualifying Investment
- Any lump sum investment made into a 2018/2019 Fidelity ISA during the Prize Draw Period through the Fidelity Personal Investing website: fidelity.co.uk
The following examples, without limitation, will not be Qualifying Investments:
- Investments made through an adviser;
- Investments in the Fidelity Junior ISA;
- Investments via a regular savings plan.
- Investments made over the telephone or through a paper application (investments must be made online through the fidelity.co.uk website in order to qualify)
7. After the Prize Draw Period, the winners will be selected at random. All winners will be drawn after 1 April 2019 and will be notified via email or phone before 30 April 2019. Payment of the prize money will be made within 90 days of the notification. There will be four winners in total.
8. Only one entry per person is available. If multiple ISA investments are made during the Prize Draw Period, the first investment in time will qualify for entry to the Prize Draw, and the amount invested at that point will be the prize amount payable.
9. The winner's prize money will be paid by BACS to your bank account. If we do not hold a bank mandate on the account, you will need to provide those details to receive the prize. Cheques will not be sent in place of providing bank details.
10. Fidelity reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or the rules without notice during the Prize Draw Period. Any cancellation of or changes to the prize draw will be notified to you on the Fidelity website.
11. If you withdraw your qualifying investment from your Fidelity ISA, or add an adviser to your account, within a 12-month period from the date of investment, Fidelity reserves the right to reclaim the prize money awarded.
1. Fidelity shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered from entry into the prize draw, acceptance of the prize, any defects, delays or inadequacies in the prize or the arrangements surrounding the prize, or from any event beyond the reasonable control of Fidelity. Fidelity shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any direct or indirect consequential loss suffered by an entrant in relation to participation in the prize draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude or restrict liability of Fidelity from time to time for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
2. Where relevant, reference in these terms and conditions to the winner includes any person with whom the winner shares the prize.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a prize draw, the decision of Fidelity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.