Investing in shares
Investing in shares
- Start investing in an ISA or Investment Account from as little as £50 every month or £1,000 as a lump sum
- Manage and track investments easily through your secure online account
- Get instant access to our investment guidance and expert market insights
Choose from a large selection
- Explore our full range of shares to search, filter, select your favourites and deal on a real-time basis
- Diversify your portfolio across key indices, such as the FTSE All-Share index
Clear and simple fees
- Pay just £10 for buying or selling shares online within an ISA or Investment Account, and just £1.50 for dividend re-investments and for regular savings
- Market charges such as Stamp Duty Reserve Tax and PTM levy may apply - pay no hidden share dealing charges or exit fees
Remember, the value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up, so you may get back less than you invest. This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.
How to use our share dealing service
Tom Stevenson walks you through how to use our share dealing service.
Double your money with our ISA prize draw
Invest a lump sum in an ISA online by 31 March 2019, and we’ll give you the chance to win back your initial investment - up to £20,000.
Share dealing FAQs
Stock Watch: HSBC, Barclays and Lloyds Banking Group
It’s a busy week for the banking sector with full-year results due from thr...
Stock Watch: AstraZeneca, ASOS, Laura Ashley and Smurfit Kappa
AstraZeneca on a roll while packaging co Smurfit cashes in on the online boom
This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.
Fidelity has been licensed by FTSE International Limited to use the name FTSE All-Share, 100, 250, 350 Index.
Win back the value of your ISA investment in cash- up to £20,000, (the “Prize Draw”).
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this offer is Financial Administration Services Limited, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ (“Fidelity”).
2. To be eligible to enter the prize draw you must be 18 years of age or older and a UK resident. Fidelity employees and its contracted staff are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry into the Prize Draw will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry will be automatic when you make a Qualifying Investment (see below).
4. If you do not wish to be entered into the prize draw, please call our contact centre on 0800 41 41 61 and request to be removed from the draw, after you have made a Qualifying Investment. The contact centre is available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am and 6pm on Saturday.
5. The prize draw period is from 18 January 2019 to 31 March 2019 the “Prize Draw Period”). Entries close 31 March at midnight (GMT). The Prize Draw amount will match the lump sum amount invested into a Fidelity 2018/19 ISA during the Prize Draw Period and the prize money will be paid in cash into your bank account.
6. Qualifying Investment
- Any lump sum investment made into a 2018/2019 Fidelity ISA during the Prize Draw Period through the Fidelity Personal Investing website: fidelity.co.uk
The following examples, without limitation, will not be Qualifying Investments:
- ISA transfers or re-registrations from other providers
- Investments made through an adviser;
- Investments in the Fidelity Junior ISA;
- Investments via a regular savings plan.
- Investments made over the telephone or through a paper application (investments must be made online through the fidelity.co.uk website in order to qualify)
7. After the Prize Draw Period, the winners will be selected at random. All winners will be drawn after 1 April 2019 and will be notified via email or phone before 30 April 2019. Payment of the prize money will be made within 90 days of the notification. There will be four winners in total.
8. Only one entry per person is available. If multiple ISA investments are made during the Prize Draw Period, the first investment in time will qualify for entry to the Prize Draw, and the amount invested at that point will be the prize amount payable.
9. The winner's prize money will be paid by BACS to your bank account. If we do not hold a bank mandate on the account, you will need to provide those details to receive the prize. Cheques will not be sent in place of providing bank details.
10. Fidelity reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or the rules without notice during the Prize Draw Period. Any cancellation of or changes to the prize draw will be notified to you on the Fidelity website.
11. If you withdraw your qualifying investment from your Fidelity ISA, or add an adviser to your account, within a 12-month period from the date of investment, Fidelity reserves the right to reclaim the prize money awarded.
1. Fidelity shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered from entry into the prize draw, acceptance of the prize, any defects, delays or inadequacies in the prize or the arrangements surrounding the prize, or from any event beyond the reasonable control of Fidelity. Fidelity shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any direct or indirect consequential loss suffered by an entrant in relation to participation in the prize draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude or restrict liability of Fidelity from time to time for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
2. Where relevant, reference in these terms and conditions to the winner includes any person with whom the winner shares the prize.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a prize draw, the decision of Fidelity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.