- You want a long-term tax-efficient savings account for your child.
- You don’t want your child to make withdrawals before they’re 18.
- You want a range of investment options.
- You’re happy that the account automatically transfers over to the child at 18.
- You don’t already have a child trust fund setup.
Start saving for a child’s future by investing in a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA on their behalf.
Important information - please keep in mind that the value of investments can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. The value of tax savings and eligibility to invest in a Junior ISA depend on personal circumstances. All tax rules may change in future. Withdrawals from a Junior ISA will not be possible until the child reaches age 18. This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.
Invest for your child’s future
A Junior Stocks and Shares ISA account (JISA) is a tax-efficient way to save for your child’s future as you pay no income tax or capital gains tax on your investments. The Junior ISA allowance for the 2022/23 tax year is £9,000, and you have until 5 April 2023 to use it. Once your child reaches 18, they can access the money in their Junior ISA. Fidelity doesn’t charge service fees on Junior ISAs, giving you the ability to put a little bit extra into your Child’s ISA account if you wish. Ongoing fund charges and other fees may apply.
Begin saving today
Start from as little as £25. Friends and family can gift money too.
No service fee
We don't charge a service fee on junior accounts.
Here to help
Our UK and Ireland-based call centres are open six days a week.
A wealth of choice
Choose from thousands of funds and shares to invest in.
Whether you’re saving for your child's education or to get them on the property ladder.
Always at your fingertips
Manage investments 24/7 with our secure online service and apps
You must be the child's parent or guardian to open the Junior ISA, but once it is opened, anyone can pay in. All you need to do is start a regular savings plan from £25, or invest a lump sum from as little as £1,000.
Are Junior ISAs a good idea?
Junior ISAs are a tax-efficient way of saving and of course putting money away for your child's future has many benefits but only you can decide if it's the right choice for your child. Below are a list of considerations.
Reasons a Junior ISA may be worth considering
Things to think about when considering a Junior ISA
- You already have a child trust fund setup for your child and don’t want to close it.
- You or the child might want access to the money before they turn 18.
- You want to save more than £9,000 per tax- year which is the annual Junior ISA allowance.
Important information: This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitabilty of an investment you should speak to an authorised finanicial adviser.
How much can you save in a Junior ISA?
- Save up to £9,000 a year, free of UK tax.
- Start from as little as £25.
- Set up a regular savings plan or pay in lump sums - family and friends can pay in too.
Junior ISA investment choices
- Over 3,000 funds.
- Large selection of UK shares, growing all the time.
- Investment trusts and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Investment solutions from our experts.
With you every step of the way
- Access your Junior ISA 24/7 online or on our app.
- Expert guidance emails and articles to help you invest.
- Our tools can help you find your next investment.
Let's get started
You must be the child's parent or guardian to open the Junior ISA, but once it’s open, anyone can pay in.
Thinking about your ISA investments? Let Tom lead the way
Tom Stevenson, Investment Director, reveals his ISA fund picks for 2022.
Junior ISA FAQs
Your Junior ISA checklist
Make sure you have the following information with you:
- A National Insurance number for the junior account holder (if they have one)
- Debit card details (for a single payment)
- Bank or building society details (if you’re planning on setting up a regular savings plan)
Boring Money Best Buy JISA
We're proud to have been recognised by leading experts and independent customer reviews and awarded a Best Buy JISA for 2022 at the Boring Money Awards.See our awards