In this section
Start saving for a child’s future by investing in a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA on their behalf.
Important information - please keep in mind that the value of investments can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. The value of tax savings and eligibility to invest in a Junior ISA depend on personal circumstances. All tax rules may change in future. Withdrawals from a Junior ISA will not be possible until the child reaches age 18. This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.
Our service fee
We don’t charge a service fee on investments held in junior accounts, however you will still get access to all the great benefits Fidelity offers, including award-winning guidance, on-the-go access, and support with investing.
Investment charges set by companies managing your funds
Ongoing fund charges are set by the companies who manage the funds and start from 0.05%.
Some funds may also have:
- a bid-offer spread, which is effectively a charge applied when you buy or sell
- a performance fee
- a fund manager buy or sell charge.
We’ve negotiated discounted ongoing charges on hundreds of funds on our platform. We recommend checking each investment's factsheet for more information, as investment charges as can differ between funds.
Share dealing and other charges
- There is a charge made for each buy and sell transaction you place (including switches and dividend reinvestments). This will be deducted from the amount invested or raised through a sale.
- £1.50 for deals as part of a regular savings or withdrawal plan, or for a reinvestment of income or a dividend.
- Simple charge of £10.00 for each deal placed online
- Phone trades are charged £30.00 for each deal.
- Stamp Duty, levies and taxes:
- UK Stamp Duty of 0.5% applies when you buy UK shares
- Irish Stamp Duty of 1.0% applies when you buy Irish shares
- UK Panel of Takeovers and Mergers levy of £1 applies on UK share deals of over £10,000
- Irish Takeover Panel levy of €1.25 applies on Irish share deals of over €12,500
- Foreign exchange charge applies for dealing in offshore funds that are not in sterling.
Download the Doing Business with Fidelity document for more fees and charges information.
Charges on cash within your account
For cash you hold in your Fidelity accounts (also known as ‘Cash Within Your Account’) we reserve the right to retain an amount of the interest received from the bank(s) we deposit your money with to cover the cost of administering these cash balances. Please go to www.fidelity.co.uk/cash for further details
Fidelity fees if you also use an adviser
The fees mentioned above are for investments held directly with Fidelity.
If you hold some investments through a financial adviser, then the charges will be different from the ones you hold directly with us.
We suggest you speak with your financial adviser to find out more about what charges and fees will be applied.