Fidelity's retirement service
Our retirement specialists are able to provide both guidance and advice around your retirement options. If you are looking to access your pension for drawdown, guaranteed income (annuities) or tax-free cash, we can help. We can help whether you already have a Fidelity SIPP or are looking to move your pension to us.
How we can help
We’ll help you to understand the retirement income options available, and give you any information you need. This service is free.
Personalised retirement advice
If you want a specific recommendation based on your personal circumstances then one of our retirement specialists can help. You can call us for your advice, or if you prefer to meet in person, appointments are available in our London Cannon Street Investor Centre.
What to expect from Fidelity’s retirement advice
Benefits of our service
Access to retirement specialists with detailed knowledge of pension regulations, allowances, tax implications, income options and pension transfers.
A free, no-obligation meeting to find out if you could benefit from retirement advice. Competitive fixed rates, clear pricing and no admin fees.
Get personalised reports and recommendations on your pension arrangements. Discussions and annual reviews can be held face-to-face or over the phone.
Ready to chat?
This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular product, service or course of action. Pension and retirement planning can be complex, so if you are unsure about the suitability of a pension investment, retirement service or any action you need to take, please contact Fidelity’s Retirement Service on 0800 368 6882 or refer to an authorised financial adviser.
Our advice fees
If you would just like our guidance service, then you won’t be charged a fee for our retirement specialists' time. However, if you would like advice, where we give you a personalised recommendation, there will be a fee.
Investing in advice can save you money and give you peace of mind about critical decisions at retirement. We offer personalised advice on a low, fixed fee basis and we’re proud of the excellent service and robust advice we provide. We typically spend 40 hours researching and analysing each case in detail.
The fee for our advice service is based on the number of pensions you have and can include both defined contribution pensions and those with safeguarded benefits, such as defined benefit schemes which includes final salary and career average pensions. We can also offer you advice on your lifetime allowance as part of these services (but not as a standalone service).
|Pension transfer and/or retirement planning advice|
|Multiple pensions - 2 to 4 pensions||£3,500|
|Basic lifetime allowance advice||£900|
|Complex lifetime allowance advice||£2,000|
VAT may be applicable. Your retirement specialist will discuss with you any scenarios that fall outside of the above and will provide you with a fee on a case-by-case basis. For a clearer understanding of how our fees will apply to your particular situation or for a copy of our Terms of Business, please call our retirement advice service.
Our status as a financial adviser
We deliver advice and transact non-advised business through a wholly owned subsidiary called FIL Retirement Services Limited. Our retirement specialists are paid a salary and are not paid on a commission basis. Their focus is on providing an excellent service based on your requirements.
Fidelity doesn’t have its own annuity products. If you would like to secure a guaranteed income from an annuity using some or all of the money in your pension pots, we’ll select annuity products from the whole of the market for you.
If you would like to keep your pensions in investments, you’ll have access to the full range of investment funds and products available on our platform, but if we provide you with investment advice in relation to pension transfer and/or drawdown, we’ll restrict this to a set of Fidelity managed investment solutions, some of which will be invested in non-Fidelity funds. These funds invest in a range of different investment assets.
FIL Retirement Services Limited (Company No. 06121251) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and registered in England and Wales with registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ.
Exclusions, terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (together with any relevant documents referred to in them) set out the terms relating to the Offer.
The promoter of this Offer is FIL Retirement Services Limited, St Cross House, St Cross Business Park, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5BP (“Fidelity’s retirement advice service ”).
This Offer is available when you agree to take either retirement advice or pension transfer advice for the first time from Fidelity’s retirement advice service between 26 November 2018 and 28 February 2019 (“Offer Period”).
- To be eligible for this Offer, you must be 45 years of age or older.
- This Offer is subject to your acceptance of Fidelity’s retirement advice service Terms of Business, which will be provided during your initial, free-consultation meeting.
Terms of the Offer
- The £500 retirement advice discount voucher will be redeemed against your final invoice.
- VAT, where applicable, will be calculated on the total advice fee before the discount voucher is applied.
- To use the £500 retirement advice discount voucher please provide the voucher code to Fidelity’s retirement advice service when you call and before signing Fidelity’s retirement advice service Terms of Business.
- This Offer cannot be redeemed against any of the following:
- initial deposit payable in respect of any advice given by Fidelity’s retirement advice service or
- annual reviews
- This Offer can only be used once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers, including the 20% partner discount.
- Any personal information you submit to Fidelity will be maintained in accordance with Data Protection legislation and used in accordance with the Fidelity Privacy Statement which can be found on the Fidelity website: fidelity.co.uk/security-privacy
- Fidelity reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of the Offer without notice during the Offer Period. Any cancellation of, or changes to, the terms of the Offer will be notified to you on the Fidelity website: fidelity.co.uk
- The Offer will expire at midnight on 28 February 2019.
- The Offer has no cash redemption value.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer Fidelity’s retirement advice services to US or Canadian citizens.
Please remember, that the value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. You cannot normally access your pension savings until age 55. In addition, the value of any tax benefits will depend on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change. Pension and retirement planning can be complex, so if you are unsure about the suitability of a pension investment, retirement service or any action you need to take, please contact Fidelity’s retirement service, or, if you prefer, speak to an authorised financial adviser of your choice.