Skip Header

Transfer investments to Fidelity

Important information - please keep in mind that the value of investments can go down as well up, so you may get back less than you invest. Before making your decision, please read our transfer guide, Moving your investments to Fidelity,  which explains the options available and gives you the information you need to know. It’s important to understand that pension transfers are a complex area and may not be suitable for everyone.

Let’s make life simpler

Transfer ISAs, pensions, investment accounts, or junior accounts to manage them quickly and easily all in one place.


We do the hard work

Give us details of the account you want to transfer and we’ll do the rest.


Exit fee cover

We cover any exit fees your current provider may charge, up to £500 per person. *T&Cs apply.


Keep your tax benefits

Your allowance isn’t affected when you transfer a pension or ISA.

Transfer an account to Fidelity

Read more about what you can transfer and how it will work.

Transfer ISAs

Having multiple ISAs can be complicated and costly. We make it easy to start your transfer and bring your ISAs together.

Transfer junior ISAs

Transfer your junior ISAs over to us and start building up tax-free savings for your child’s future in a simple and cost-effective way.

Transfer pensions

If you’ve built up several pension pots, bringing them together into a SIPP could make them easier to manage.

Transfer junior SIPPs

If you’re building a nest egg for a child’s future, as well as planning your own retirement, bringing all accounts under one roof could help you plan your family’s collective future more effectively.

Transfer investment accounts

Having investments spread across multiple companies can be time consuming and costly. Bringing them together means less stress and less paperwork.

Transfer your US Stock Plan Account held with Fidelity SPS

Bring over your Stock Plan Account shares held in the US with Fidelity Stock Plan Services (SPS) and keep them as they are or diversify and choose from a wide range of investment products and services.

Important information

It’s important to understand that pension transfers are a complex area and may not be suitable for everyone. Before going ahead with a pension transfer, we strongly recommend that you undertake a full comparison of the benefits, charges and features offered. To find out what else you should consider before transferring, please read our Fidelity SIPP Transfer Factsheet. If you are in any doubt whether or not a pension transfer is suitable for your circumstances we strongly recommend that you speak to one of Fidelity's advisers or an authorised financial adviser of your choice.

Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change in the future. Remember, you won’t be able to access money invested in a SIPP until the age of 55 (57 from 2028). Withdrawals from a Junior ISA will not be possible until the child reaches age 18.

If you are looking to transfer a pension to us that you have already taken money from (and so are in income drawdown), you can't do this online. Please contact Fidelity’s retirement service to get an application form.

If you hold cash in the account that you are transferring to us, this will be moved across and held as cash in your Fidelity account.

How to transfer shares

If you’re planning on moving shares to us, please keep in mind that you can only transfer shares that we offer. You can check this at the start of the transfer process. 

Here’s what will happen if you request a transfer to us and you have shares that we don’t offer:

Shares held in an ISA 

We will sell them and bring them across as cash. 

Shares held in an investment account 

You will need to sell them before you request your transfer. The proceeds can then be sent to us as cash. This may trigger a Capital Gains tax liability, so please speak to a tax adviser before you sell.

Shares held overseas  

If you have US stocks, you'll need to complete a new W-8BEN form within two weeks of the date you submitted the transfer instruction. Fidelity is required by the US to have a new W-8BEN form even if you submitted a form with your previous provider. 

Depending on how your existing provider administers your overseas shares, we may not be able to transfer these investments to Fidelity as they are. If this is the case, we may sell these shares and deposit the proceeds as cash in your account to exclude them from the transfer. 

We can only transfer cash in sterling (GBP) to your Fidelity account. If there is any other currency held in your account with your current provider, you'll need to ensure this is converted into sterling before transferring the cash to your Fidelity account. 


Transferring paper share certificates

Going paperless could simplify how you manage your investments. If you hold paper certificates, you may want to consider transferring them into an Investment Account.

Transfer paper share certificates

Transferring shares held with Equiniti, Computershare or Link Asset Services

If you hold electronic share certificates with Equiniti, Computershare or Link Asset Services, you can transfer them into an Investment Account. Simply complete the corporate nominee transfer instruction form and send it to Fidelity International, PO Box 391, Tadworth, KT20 9FU. 

You will also need to open an Investment Account with us if you don't already have one. Please keep in mind that you’ll need to make a one-off payment or start a regular savings plan to open an account.

Please contact your registrar (Equiniti, Computershare or Link Asset Services) to find out if you need anything else to complete the transfer (such as additional exit fees). 

Download transfer form Open an Investment Account