Getting ready for retirement
Talk to someone about your retirement options in more detail
We can help
Close to retirement but unsure about the options ahead? We can offer guidance and advice to help you find the best solution for your retirement. Call us on 0800 368 6882, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.Fidelity’s retirement service
The government’s Pension Wise service offers free, impartial guidance to help you understand your options at retirement. You can access the guidance online or call on 0800 138 3944.www.pensionwise.gov.uk
Income options – the choice is yours
These are the three main ways you can access your pension savings. But, remember, if you have a final salary pension scheme (defined benefits) you don’t have the same flexibility, unless you transfer your money out of this type of scheme.
Flexible retirement income (drawdown)
It’s hard to predict the future, so picking a retirement income to last for decades isn’t easy. Pension drawdown gives you flexibility to take the income you want and change it as needed.
Taking lump sums
In some cases the best way to take your pension is by a series of lump sums. You can take lump sums from your pension pot until your money runs out, or until you choose another option.
Guaranteed income for life (annuity)
Most annuities provide you with a lifelong, guaranteed income. A quarter of your pension can usually be taken tax-free before you buy the annuity, and it can be combined with other retirement incomes.
A good plan
Thoughtful planning can help you understand what your retirement goals are and how you can achieve them.
If you’ve ever changed jobs you may have more than one pension. A Fidelity SIPP, with its low cost and wide range of funds, is the ideal place to bring them together.
The lifetime allowance
If your pensions reach the LTA, you could face unwelcome tax charges. Our specialists can provide advice for a fee, call us on 0800 368 6882, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Final salary pensions
Providing income for life, these pensions are usually worth keeping, but sometimes moving your savings into a personal pension will suit you better.
If you want to leave money to your loved ones after you die, you’ll need to plan how much, who to leave it to, and consider potential tax pitfalls.
Get your pensions and investments working harder
Plus get £20 to £1,000 cashback. Exclusions, T&Cs apply.
Drawdown with our SIPP
If you want to go into drawdown then you can choose to do it with our SIPP (Self-Invested Personal Pension).
- You can take up to a quarter (25%) as a tax-free lump sum straight away or in stages.
- You can choose how much to take and how often.
- You can choose where to invest your pot.
- Our low pricing has no hidden charges or fees, so you know exactly what you pay for and when you pay it.
If it's not already in our SIPP, you will need to transfer your pension before you access income drawdown.
For more drawdown support download our pension drawdown guide.Explore our SIPP
Making the right investment choices
You’re likely to be in retirement for 20 years or more. So it’s important to invest your pension in a way that will help you achieve your retirement goals. You may be comfortable choosing your own investments or you may need support - either way, we can help. Please remember that investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invest.Explore fund choices for retirement
We can help
Close to retirement but unsure about how to make the most of it? We can offer guidance and advice to help you find the best solution for your retirement. And our flat-rate advice costs less than most leading pension providers.
Call us on 0800 368 6882, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.Fidelity’s retirement service
Please remember that the value of investments can fall as well as rise, so you may get back less than you invest. It’s important to understand that pension transfers are a complex area and may not be suitable for everyone. Before going ahead with a pension transfer, we strongly recommend that you undertake a full comparison of the charges, features, and services offered.
Remember, you won’t normally be able to access money invested in a SIPP until the age of 55.
Learn more about this flexible retirement income option with the pension drawdown guide.
Thinking of transferring?
To find out what you should consider first, please read our Fidelity SIPP (self-invested personal pension) transfer guide.
The Fidelity customer quotes shown on this page have been provided by real Fidelity customers. In the interests of privacy names have been changed.
Exclusions, terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (together with any relevant documents referred to in them) set out the terms relating to the Offer.
The promoter of this Offer is FIL Retirement Services Limited, St Cross House, St Cross Business Park, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5BP (“Fidelity’s retirement advice service ”).
This Offer is available when you agree to take either retirement advice or pension transfer advice for the first time from Fidelity’s retirement advice service between 26 November 2018 and 28 February 2019 (“Offer Period”).
- To be eligible for this Offer, you must be 45 years of age or older.
- This Offer is subject to your acceptance of Fidelity’s retirement advice service Terms of Business, which will be provided during your initial, free-consultation meeting.
Terms of the Offer
- The £500 retirement advice discount voucher will be redeemed against your final invoice.
- VAT, where applicable, will be calculated on the total advice fee before the discount voucher is applied.
- To use the £500 retirement advice discount voucher please provide the voucher code to Fidelity’s retirement advice service when you call and before signing Fidelity’s retirement advice service Terms of Business.
- This Offer cannot be redeemed against any of the following:
- initial deposit payable in respect of any advice given by Fidelity’s retirement advice service or
- annual reviews
- This Offer can only be used once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers, including the 20% partner discount.
- Any personal information you submit to Fidelity will be maintained in accordance with Data Protection legislation and used in accordance with the Fidelity Privacy Statement which can be found on the Fidelity website: fidelity.co.uk/security-privacy
- Fidelity reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of the Offer without notice during the Offer Period. Any cancellation of, or changes to, the terms of the Offer will be notified to you on the Fidelity website: fidelity.co.uk
- The Offer will expire at midnight on 28 February 2019.
- The Offer has no cash redemption value.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer Fidelity’s retirement advice services to US or Canadian citizens.
Please remember, that the value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. You cannot normally access your pension savings until age 55. In addition, the value of any tax benefits will depend on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change. Pension and retirement planning can be complex, so if you are unsure about the suitability of a pension investment, retirement service or any action you need to take, please contact Fidelity’s retirement service, or, if you prefer, speak to an authorised financial adviser of your choice.