Do I need to pay tax from my ISA or SIPP products?

You don’t have to pay tax on income or capital gains from ISAs or Personal Pensions, and you don’t need to declare your ISA investments on your tax return.

However, you may need to declare income or any capital gains for your Investment Account on your Self-Assessment tax return. Any sale of units, including switches, could trigger a capital gains liability.

We suggest getting in touch with HMRC to find out if Capital Gains Tax (CGT) affects any accounts you have with us, particularly when you’re thinking of switching or selling.

Still need help?

Talk to our team

Give one of our UK-based associates a call on

0333 300 3351

Contact us

Send us your question online or visit us at our Investor Centre in London.