Skip Header
Important information: The value of investments can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you invest. Investors should note that the views expressed may no longer be current and may have already been acted upon. This is a third-party news feed and may not reflect Fidelity’s views.

FTSE 100 movers: Endeavour Mining tumbles as CEO fired; WPP rallies

(Sharecast News) - London's FTSE 100 was down 0.4% at 7,695.00 in afternoon trade on Friday. Advertising firm WPP rallied following a report that Kantar Media, a division of the Kantar market research company, will be auctioned later this year.

Sky News cited City sources as saying that that Bain Capital, Kantar's majority owner, was in the process of appointing investment bankers to oversee a sale process.

Industry insiders told Sky that Kantar Media could be worth as much as £1bn. It was unclear exactly when a sales process might get under way. Bain Capital owns a 60% stake in Kantar, while WPP holds the remaining 40% interest.

Endeavour Mining tumbled after it announced that president and chief executive Sebastien de Montessus has been dismissed with immediate effect for "serious misconduct".

The sacking follows an investigation by the board into "an irregular payment instruction issued by him in relation to an asset disposal undertaken by the company".

The amount of this irregular payment instruction is $5.9m and Endeavour said the board recently became aware of it in the course of a review of acquisitions and disposals, which is ongoing.

Paper and packaging group Mondi slumped after a downgrade to 'hold' from 'buy' at Jefferies.

FTSE 100 - Risers

WPP (WPP) 770.40p 3.80% Centrica (CNA) 149.85p 1.70% Glencore (GLEN) 464.05p 1.05% Burberry Group (BRBY) 1,373.50p 1.03% Convatec Group (CTEC) 245.00p 0.99% BP (BP.) 476.55p 0.65% Entain (ENT) 975.00p 0.62% Antofagasta (ANTO) 1,613.50p 0.56% Haleon (HLN) 330.65p 0.30% Fresnillo (FRES) 544.20p 0.22%

FTSE 100 - Fallers

Endeavour Mining (EDV) 1,514.00p -10.63% Ocado Group (OCDO) 697.00p -5.07% RS Group (RS1) 786.60p -4.49% IMI (IMI) 1,549.00p -3.91% Mondi (MNDI) 1,493.00p -2.89% Smurfit Kappa Group (CDI) (SKG) 3,010.00p -2.53% Ashtead Group (AHT) 5,124.00p -2.33% 3i Group (III) 2,285.00p -2.23% International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (CDI) (IAG) 150.05p -2.12% Kingfisher (KGF) 228.10p -2.10%

Share this article

Related Sharecast Articles

Directors deals: Ashtead Technology finance director adds to holdings
(Sharecast News) - Ashtead Technology's finance director sold some shares to cover her obligations with HMRC after exercising options under the company's incentive plan.
Broker tips: DS Smith, Man Group
(Sharecast News) - Numis downgraded its stance on packaging group DS Smith on Friday to 'hold' from 'buy' as it said there was insufficient upside to retain a buy rating.
FTSE 250 movers: Miners benefit from Israel attack on Iran; Man Group disappoints
(Sharecast News) - FTSE 250 (MCX) 19,323.96 -0.65%
FTSE 100 movers: Mondi, retailers under the cosh
(Sharecast News) - London's FTSE 100 was down 0.5% at 7,840.05 in afternoon trade on Friday.

Important information: This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to one of Fidelity’s advisers or an authorised financial adviser of your choice. When you are thinking about investing in shares, it’s generally a good idea to consider holding them alongside other investments in a diversified portfolio of assets. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.

Award-winning online share dealing

Search, compare and select from thousands of shares.

Expert insights into investing your money

Our team of experts explore the world of share dealing.