In this section
Start saving just a small amount now on behalf of a child to make a real difference to their future.
Important information - please keep in mind that the value of investments can go down as well as up so you may not get back what you invest. Eligibility to invest in a Junior SIPP depends on personal circumstances and all tax rules may change in the future. Control over the investments pass on to the child once they turn 18. The minimum age they can normally access their pension savings is currently 55, and is due to rise to 57 on 6 April 2028, unless you have a lower protected pension age.
Our Service Fee
We don’t charge a service fee on investments held in junior accounts, however you will still get access to all the great benefits Fidelity offers, including award-winning guidance, on-the-go access, and support with investing.
Investment charges set by companies managing your funds
Ongoing fund charges are set by the companies who manage the funds and start from 0.05%.
Some funds may also have:
- a bid-offer spread, which is effectively a charge applied when you buy or sell
- a performance fee
- a fund manager buy or sell charge.
We’ve negotiated discounted ongoing charges on hundreds of funds on our platform. We recommend checking each investment's factsheet for more information, as investment charges as can differ between funds.
Share dealing and other charges
- There is a charge made for each buy and sell transaction you place (including switches and dividend reinvestments). This will be deducted from the amount invested or raised through a sale.
- £1.50 for deals as part of a regular savings or withdrawal plan, or for a reinvestment of income or a dividend.
- Simple charge of £10.00 for each deal placed online
- Phone trades are charged £30.00 for each deal.
- Stamp Duty, levies and taxes:
- UK Stamp Duty of 0.5% applies when you buy UK shares
- Irish Stamp Duty of 1.0% applies when you buy Irish shares
- UK Panel of Takeovers and Mergers levy of £1 applies on UK share deals of over £10,000
- Irish Takeover Panel levy of €1.25 applies on Irish share deals of over €12,500
- Foreign exchange charge applies for dealing in offshore funds that are not in sterling.
Download the Doing Business with Fidelity document for more fees and charges information.
Service Fee Charges on cash within your account
Cash in your Fidelity accounts is currently held as ‘Cash Within Your Account’.
We currently don’t charge a service fee on Cash Within Your Account. However, we reserve the right to retain an amount of the interest received from the bank(s) we deposit your money with to cover the cost of administering these cash balances. Please go to www.fidelity.co.uk/cash for further details.