Make sure you have the following information with you
- Your National Insurance number
- Debit card details (for a single payment)
- Bank or building society details (if you’re planning on setting up a Regular savings plan)
Deciding to invest can be exciting, but with so many things to consider it’s hard to know where to begin. That's where Easy Invest comes in - helping you with an investment suggestion if you're not sure how to get started.
Important: Easy Invest isn’t a personal recommendation, so if you’re not sure it's right for you, please speak to an authorised financial adviser. The value of investments can go down as well as up, so you may get back less than you invest. You can invest in this fund in an ISA, SIPP or Investment Account. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change in the future.
From as little as £25 a month
The Fidelity Index World Fund, invested in a variety of well-known companies
Sign up for guidance and support emails for the first year
We're suggesting this fund to give you access to some of the world’s biggest companies and their collective share price performance.
To do this, the fund aims to closely follow the MSCI World Index, which keeps track of these companies, and spreads your money across them. This keeps costs low and makes sure your investment is well-diversified.
The top (red) line shows the growth of this fund with a starting investment of £1,000 and then £50 saved a month over the last 5 years. The blue (bottom) line shows the contributions over this time.
For illustrative purposes only. Based on the performance of the Fidelity World Index Fund between 30 November 2015 and 30 November 2020 net of 0.1% ongoing fund charge but does not take into account the impact of any service fees.
Five year performance
This figure shows the percentage return for each of the past five years.
|(%) As at 30 November||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19||2019-20|
|Fidelity Index World Fund||24.7||13.8||5.6||14.4||10.7|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns. Investments can go down as well as up so you may not get back what you invest.
Source: Fidelity, as at 07.12.2020, in GBP terms with income reinvested.
You can benefit from our low 0.35% service fee if you invest more than £7,500, or if you set up a regular savings plan. If you were to invest £1,000 over one year, using a regular savings plan, your charges would break down like this:
Fund charge (0.1%)£1
Based on investing £1,000 over a year with a regular savings plan
Service Fee (0.35%)+ £1.90
The fee you pay for holding an account with Fidelity
Annual total = £2.90= £2.90
This covers the cost of running the fund and includes our discount
This is a simplified example and the actual fee you pay will vary depending on how your investments perform. If you hold less than £7,500 with Fidelity and do not have a regular savings plan, our service fee is £45 for the year. Read more about our fees and charges.
Sign-up now for monthly emails with tips and guidance designed to help build your knowledge and confidence in investing, including a special edition of our MoneyTalk podcast.
Make sure you have the following information with you:
1. The promoter of this offer is Financial Administration Services Limited, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ (“Fidelity”).
2. To be eligible to enter the prize draw you must be 18 years of age or older and a UK resident. Fidelity employees and its contracted staff are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry into the Prize Draw will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry will be automatic when you make a Qualifying Investment (see below).
4. If you do not wish to be entered into the prize draw, please call our contact centre on 0800 41 41 61 and request to be removed from the draw, after you have made a Qualifying Investment. The contact centre is available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am and 6pm on Saturday.
5. The prize draw period is from 18 January 2019 to 31 March 2019 the “Prize Draw Period”). Entries close 31 March at midnight (GMT). The Prize Draw amount will match the lump sum amount invested into a Fidelity 2018/19 ISA during the Prize Draw Period and the prize money will be paid in cash into your bank account.
6. Qualifying Investment
The following examples, without limitation, will not be Qualifying Investments:
7. After the Prize Draw Period, the winners will be selected at random. All winners will be drawn after 1 April 2019 and will be notified via email or phone before 30 April 2019. Payment of the prize money will be made within 90 days of the notification. There will be four winners in total.
8. Only one entry per person is available. If multiple ISA investments are made during the Prize Draw Period, the first investment in time will qualify for entry to the Prize Draw, and the amount invested at that point will be the prize amount payable.
9. The winner's prize money will be paid by BACS to your bank account. If we do not hold a bank mandate on the account, you will need to provide those details to receive the prize. Cheques will not be sent in place of providing bank details.
10. Fidelity reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or the rules without notice during the Prize Draw Period. Any cancellation of or changes to the prize draw will be notified to you on the Fidelity website.
11. If you withdraw your qualifying investment from your Fidelity ISA, or add an adviser to your account, within a 12-month period from the date of investment, Fidelity reserves the right to reclaim the prize money awarded.
1. Fidelity shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered from entry into the prize draw, acceptance of the prize, any defects, delays or inadequacies in the prize or the arrangements surrounding the prize, or from any event beyond the reasonable control of Fidelity. Fidelity shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any direct or indirect consequential loss suffered by an entrant in relation to participation in the prize draw. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude or restrict liability of Fidelity from time to time for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
2. Where relevant, reference in these terms and conditions to the winner includes any person with whom the winner shares the prize.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a prize draw, the decision of Fidelity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
|Total contribution to date (£)||83.33||166.66||249.99||333.32||416.65||499.98||583.31||666.64||749.97||833.30||916.63||999.96||999.96|
|Service fee on that amount (£)||0.02||0.05||0.07||0.10||0.12||0.15||0.17||0.19||0.22||0.24||0.27||0.29||1.90|
This table shows the service fee payments you would make over a year if saving £1,000 using a regular savings plan.