Attorney identification requirements
In order to comply with Money Laundering Regulations, we’re required to confirm the identity of all investors and their associated representatives controlling or funding investments on their behalf.
We may use an online referencing agency for this purpose (who will record an enquiry has been made) or request the submission of documentary evidence. Until the identities of all associated individuals have been verified, restrictions will be applied and will remain in place until outstanding verification has been obtained. These restrictions will not affect the value of the investment, but may prevent certain transactions from being completed.
Documentary evidence requested in order to complete verification of identity will be in the form of one document from each of the list below for each associated representative along with the submission of a completed ‘
Identification Guidelines Form’:
Items we accept as proof of name:
- Current passport
- Photo card UK driving licence* (counterpart only is unacceptable)
Items we accept as proof of address:
- Current UK driving licence* (Photo card or old version)
- Bank/building society statement (not more than three months old)
- Current year Council Tax bill
- Current utility bill – with gas, electricity, water or home telephone (not more than three months old)
- Current mortgage statement
- Council rent card or tenancy agreement
- Current year HM Revenue & Customs tax notification
* Photo card driving licences can only be submitted as proof of name OR proof of address, not both.
Please note that we only accept original or clearly certified copies of the original documents. If you choose to send in certified copies, please ensure that independent certification is obtained from the list of approved certifiers.