Skip Header

Internal Power of Attorney

We need to see a Power of Attorney order authorising the attorney to deal with the financial affairs of the person whose account is held with us, so you’ll need Fidelity’s Internal Power of Attorney form.

When a Fidelity Power of Attorney order can be used:

  • To manage accounts on behalf of the customer
  • To add or withdraw money, either online or over the phone using the customer’s credentials. Please note that we don’t recommend sharing of passwords or PINs. Read about how you can keep safe online.

When it cannot be used:

  • To appoint an attorney for someone with a mental disorder or other mental incapacity
  • To appoint an attorney on a trustee account
  • To open a current year ISA
  • In relation to a Junior ISA or Junior SIPP account
  • On a workplace pension, or a Fidelity Personal Pension administered by Standard Life
  • For Joint accounts you need to have a joint renunciation in place.

How to register

You can complete our Internal Power of Attorney form and send it to the address below. Please note that we can’t accept certified copies of the Fidelity-specific Power of Attorney.

We may also need identification documents for your nominated attorney; in which case, we’ll let you know.

Please send your documents to:

Fidelity International
Oakhill House,
130 Tonbridge Road
TN11 9DZ


Attorney identification requirements

In order to comply with Money Laundering Regulations, we’re required to confirm the identity of all investors and their associated representatives controlling or funding investments on their behalf.

We may use an online referencing agency for this purpose (who will record an enquiry has been made) or request the submission of documentary evidence. Until the identities of all associated individuals have been verified, restrictions will be applied and will remain in place until outstanding verification has been obtained. These restrictions will not affect the value of the investment, but may prevent certain transactions from being completed.

Documentary evidence requested in order to complete verification of identity will be in the form of one document from each of the list below for each associated representative along with the submission of a completed ‘ Identification Guidelines Form’:

Items we accept as proof of name:

  • Current passport
  • Photo card UK driving licence* (counterpart only is unacceptable)

Items we accept as proof of address:

  • Current UK driving licence* (Photo card or old version)
  • Bank/building society statement (not more than three months old)
  • Current year Council Tax bill
  • Current utility bill – with gas, electricity, water or home telephone (not more than three months old)
  • Current mortgage statement
  • Council rent card or tenancy agreement
  • Current year HM Revenue & Customs tax notification

* Photo card driving licences can only be submitted as proof of name OR proof of address, not both.

Please note that we only accept original or clearly certified copies of the original documents. If you choose to send in certified copies, please ensure that independent certification is obtained from the list of approved certifiers.

The certification process

Certification should be provided on each and every page, please make sure the following is provided with all certification:

  • The words "I have seen the original document and I certify this to be a true copy of the original"
  • The certifier's signature and printed name in full
  • The date of signing
  • Details of the certifier's professional capacity. The official/institution stamp should be applied as appropriate
  • The certifier's full address and postcode
  • The certifier's telephone number

List of approved certifiers

  • Director, officer or manager or a regulated financial services business (e.g Bank Manager)
  • Lawyer
  • Judge/magistrate
  • Solicitor
  • Chartered Accountant
  • Police or Customs Officer
  • Notary public

In addition the Post Office offers a document certification service.