Skip Header

External Power of Attorney

We need to see a Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection order authorising the attorney to deal with the financial affairs of the person whose account is held with us. We accept both internal and external Power of Attorney.

Types of Power of Attorney

Lasting Power of Attorney
General Power of Attorney
Court of Protection
How it works

What a Power of Attorney can and can’t do

A Power of Attorney can:
But a Power of Attorney can’t:

How to register

We’ll need to see an original or originally certified copy of the original document before registering Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection.

If you choose to send us a certified copy of the original, please make sure it’s clearly certified on each and every page.

We may also need identification documents for your nominated attorney; in which case, we’ll let you know.

We may need to contact you to ask for additional information before accepting any request to transact on an asset that is reportable under the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (or MIFID II).

Send us your documents at:

Fidelity International
Oakhill House,
130 Tonbridge Road
TN11 9DZ


Attorney identification requirements

In order to comply with Money Laundering Regulations, we’re required to confirm the identity of all investors and their associated representatives controlling or funding investments on their behalf.

We may use an online referencing agency for this purpose (who will record an enquiry has been made) or request the submission of documentary evidence. Until the identities of all associated individuals have been verified, restrictions will be applied and will remain in place until outstanding verification has been obtained. These restrictions will not affect the value of the investment, but may prevent certain transactions from being completed.

Documentary evidence requested to complete verification of identity will be needed for each associated representative and should be submitted along with the confirmation of identity form below:


Confirm your identity form

Please find the Confirmation of Identity form for you to complete below.