Stocks and Shares ISA
A Stocks and Shares ISA is an easy-to-manage, tax-efficient stocks and shares ISA. It’s a great way to invest your ISA allowance this tax year, and you can start investing in our broad range of investment options in just a few easy steps.
Stocks and Shares ISA
- Invest your ISA allowance in a wide range of funds, ETFs, investment trusts and individual shares
- Get instant access to your investments and our online planning tools
- Manage and track your stocks and shares ISA easily at any time through your secure online account
- Speak to someone at our UK call centre six days a week on our freephone number
At a glance
- Invest up to £20,000 during the 2018/19 tax year and pay no income or capital gains tax on your returns
- Pay a reduced service fee of just 0.2% as a benefit of being a Cavendish Online client. For investments over £200k a further reduction on service fee to 0.15%
- Start a regular savings plan from as little as £50
- Get started with just your debit card or bank details plus your National Insurance number
It’s important to keep in mind that the value of investments can fall as well as rise, so you may get back less than you invest. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change in the future.
Start your ISA today
Open an Investment ISA online today in just a few steps.
Your ISA checklist
Make sure you have the following information with you:
- Your National Insurance number
- Debit card details (for a single payment)
- Bank or building society details (if you’re planning on setting up a regular savings plan)
Video transcript - what is a stocks and shares ISA?
So, what is a stocks and shares ISA? A stocks and shares ISA is a flexible, tax efficient account for your investments that comes with a range of tax benefits. Returns are exempt from capital gains tax, there is no tax on any income you receive and you don’t need to declare them on your tax return.
Unlike a cash ISA, a stocks and shares ISA enables you to save your yearly allowance in either cash or stocks and shares, or any combination of the two. With a stocks and shares ISA, you can invest your money across a whole range of investment funds such as unit trusts, open ended investment companies and corporate and government bonds.
The great thing about stocks and shares ISAs is the flexibility they offer. They allow you to hold your money in cash if you are concerned about the market’s prospects or investments when you believe they have more potential and you can move easily between the two.
The current ISA allowance for this tax year is £20,000. Do remember that investments always have risks attached and the value of your stocks and shares ISA can go down as well as up, so you may not get back what you invest.