Stuart Welch, Global Head of PI and Advisory
Committed to LGBT+
We embrace our LGBT+ communities, clients and employees globally. We recognise our people perform and collaborate better when they can be their true selves which frees them to help design and deliver LGBT+ inclusive products, services and customer journeys.
What we're doing about it
- We’re delivering improvements across our customer offering and servicing - including Environment, Social and Governance funds and investing.
- We’re supporting the procurement function with establishing sustainable supply chain code of conduct.
- We’re a signatory of the UN LGBT+ Standards of Conduct for Business.
- We encourage our people to participate in Pride events all around the world.
- We have a Global Allies programme to engage everyone in ensuring LGBT+ inclusion.
- We ensure people policies, processes and training are inclusive of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- We promote visible LGBT+ role models and allies internally and externally.
Meet Julien Haye, Head of Non-Financial Risk
“I spent the first nine years of my career being in the closet. People could feel I wasn't myself and it made me feel vulnerable. It made my experience at work negative. So, when I came out, I promised to enable others to be themselves and to help my workplace be more inclusive.
That’s why I’m involved with helping our LGBT clients. By understanding their needs and life objectives I hope to structure our products, services and client-facing activities to create better experiences. Part of this is about understanding when we get it wrong and learning from it. It’s going to take time to change, but with the unconditional support of the firm I am confident we will get there.”
2020 Stonewall Global Top Employer
Recognised for LGBT+ staff
2020 Gold Working with Pride
Japan Achieved Gold Standard