- An ISA, short for Individual Savings Account, is a tax-efficient way to save your money and pay no UK income tax or capital gains tax on your returns
- The ISA allowance for the 2019/20 tax year is £20,000, and you have until 5 April 2020 to take advantage of it
- With a Stocks and Shares ISA you can invest your allowance in company shares, mutual funds, investment trusts and ETFs with help from our range of guidance tools.
- You can also open a Stocks and Shares ISA with us even if you hold a Cash ISA elsewhere.
Stocks and Shares ISA
Make the most of saving for tomorrow by investing in a Stocks and Shares ISA with Fidelity.
What is an ISA?
How do they work?
Your allowance is how much you can pay in and not the total value of your investments – so if you put your whole allowance in a Stocks and Shares ISA, you won't be able to top it up in the same tax year.
You can pay a total of £20,000 a year into an ISA in the current tax year.
- You can pay your whole allowance of £20,000 into a Stocks and shares ISA, a Cash ISA, or a combination of these.
- Your yearly ISA allowance expires at the end of the tax year and any unused allowance will be lost. It can’t be rolled over to the following year.
- Any increase in value of the investments in your Stocks and shares ISA is free of Capital Gains Tax.
- Any returns you choose to take as income are free of Income Tax.
- You can only pay into a Stocks and shares ISA with one provider in each tax year, but you can open a new ISA with a different provider each year if you want to. You don’t have to use the same provider for your Cash ISA if you have one.
It’s important to keep in mind that the value of investments can fall as well as rise, so you may get back less than you invest. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and all tax rules may change in the future.
Why you may want an ISA
Whether you’re thinking about sending the kids to university or starting your own business, we're here to help you tie it all together – before, during and after. If you're already saving for a pension, don't want to lock your money in and haven't taken advantage of your ISA allowance, then putting that little extra away into a Stocks and Shares ISA may help you reach your goals.
We'll help you make balanced decisions, so you can live your life with confidence. Because we understand that money is the means, not the end.
Reasons for saving
Finances for married life
You’re back home after the honeymoon and ready for a life together. You may not want to be thinking about money but this is the perfect time to stop and plan.
Preparing for children
Having a child is amazing, fulfilling – and challenging. Thinking about your finances now will make a real difference in the months and years ahead.
Planning for your child’s university
University may help your children achieve their dreams, but can come with a significant cost. Planning and saving for it is an important part of looking after and helping them achieve their dreams.
Our Stocks and Shares ISA
- Save from as little as £50 each month directly from your salary.
- Choose from thousands of funds, shares, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) or investment trusts once you've opened your account. Save even more with our discounts on hundreds of funds.
- Manage your investments at any time and keep on top of your spending each month using our 24/7 secure online service.
- Switch between your investments and cash within your ISA at any time.
- Get instant access to our investment expertise, market insights and planning tools. And our freephone UK and Ireland call centres are open from Monday to Saturday.
Whether you’re saving for a special day, investing in your child’s future or building up a nest egg, we’ll help you to open your ISA with as little or as much guidance as you need.
Opening an ISA
I want to open a new ISA
- Link your account using a code provided by your employer
- Enter your details to create your account and start saving from £50 a month
- Choose your investments with the help of our guidance tools
I've already got an ISA
Already hold an ISA with Fidelity? Log in to set up savings through your employer directly from your salary
This information is not a personal recommendation for any particular investment. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment you should speak to an authorised financial adviser.
Your ISA checklist
Make sure you have the following information with you:
- Your National Insurance number
- Your employer code (available from your employer)
If you need any help, please call us on 0800 368 0890