Skip Header

Internal Power of Attorney

We need to see a Power of Attorney order authorising the attorney to deal with the financial affairs of the person whose account is held with us, so you’ll need Fidelity’s Internal Power of Attorney form.

If you want to authorise someone to transact on your Fidelity account/s, you can use the Fidelity Accounts Power of Attorney.

The Fidelity Accounts Power of Attorney allows you to appoint an attorney to:

  • Manage your accounts, including placing instructions to deal in your investments
  • Add or withdraw money, either online or over the phone using your credentials

However, a Fidelity Accounts Power of Attorney can’t be used to:

  • Appoint an attorney for any other purpose than transacting on your Fidelity accounts
  • Appoint an attorney for someone with a mental disorder or other mental incapacity
  • Appoint an attorney on a trustee account
  • Open a current year ISA, unless the applicant is physically incapable of signing the form
  • Transact on certain accounts including:
  • A Junior ISA or Junior SIPP
  • Accounts for products administered by Standard Life

Please note that we don’t recommend sharing of passwords or PINS. You can read about how you can keep yourself safe online.